Apprenticeships are a fantastic way to gain valuable hands-on experience and qualifications in your chosen career path. You will be employed by an experienced & dedicated employer who will be looking to train and develop a young person to work within their business. In addition, you will have the support and expertise of an established and award-winning training provider to deliver your qualifications.
Every year, hundreds of young people take up apprenticeships with ITEC to train for careers in Business and I.T.
Typically, we work with small to medium- sized employers. However, there are opportunities to work with larger employers, some of who are recognised worldwide. All of our vacancies are based in Essex or along its borders.
As an ITEC apprentice you can expect the following whilst on programme:
- A contract of employment for the duration of your apprenticeship
- A salary of no less than the National Minimum Apprenticeship Wage
- To be employed for at least 30 hours per week
- To be working towards qualifications that are relevant to your job role
- Full support from ITEC and your employer with progress reviews every 12 weeks
- A dedicated and qualified training & assessment team to deliver your qualifications
- Opportunities to study towards qualifications that are recognised worldwide
- A safe place of work where you are treated fairly and encouraged to develop and grow
Apprenticeships vary in their content and duration depending on the industry sector. As a general rule, a typical programme at ITEC is made up of the following:
- A job where you gain hands-on industry experience
- A diploma or NVQ that demonstrates your competency and understanding at work
- A technical certificate that may be exam-based to test your knowledge
- Functional Skills in Maths, English and I.T.
- Industry-specific professional qualifications
Your previously achieved qualifications may mean that you are exempt from some elements of the apprenticeship – we will discuss this with you at interview. You won’t be asked to repeat proven training and assessment that you have done in the past.
Applying for an apprenticeship at ITEC couldn’t be easier. You can fill out and submit an application form on our website or apply for specific vacancies that we advertise on the National Apprenticeship website. Whichever way you decide, we will contact you once we have received your application to advise you of the next step. Typically this will be to come in for an Initial Assessment and interview. The content of the apprenticeship you have applied for will be discussed with you at interview so make sure you bring with you a list of any questions you want to ask us.